The Good Fight has redesigned the way our Crowned points work.
Over the past 4 years we have allowed competitors to accumulate Crowned points throughout the year toward year-end prizes. This has worked well, however, as we look back we've noticed a few things:
1. Most of the competitors who attend our tournaments compete 1-2 times throughout each year.
2. Because our tournaments span as south as NC and as north as MA it becomes very difficult, costly and time consuming for competitors to travel up and down the east coast to accumulate Crowned points for year end prizes.
So, with that said, we have decided to make some changes, (or improvements) depending on how you look at it, to equally favor all competitors for each individual tournament.
Starting now, instead of competing for year end prizes. Competitors will compete for prizes given out at each individual tournament we host.
Team Cup Prizes:
During each individual tournament competitors will earn Crowned points for their team the following way.
1st place win = 15 points
2nd place win = 10 points
3rd place win = 5 points
4th place win = 2 points
Win by submission = 1 point
The Good Fight will award 4 separate sets of team cup awards to the team winners of the following divisions:
1. Kids/Teen Gi division
2. Kids/Teens NoGi division
3. Adult/Executive Gi division
4. Adult/Executive NoGi division
We have decided to beef-up our team cup awards to create a more equal placing field for the all the teams. Here are some things we've considered:
1. Some school just train with the Gi; while others just train NoGi.
2. Some schools have a lot of kids and teens that compete; while others have more adults/executive competing.
3. Other teams that train in both have the chance to come home with mulitple team cups.
Fastest Submission Prizes
The Good Fight will award 4 high-end, crystal, desktop clock prizes. Each of these crystal clocks will go to the athlete that performs the fastest submission in each of the following divisions:
Open Weight Class Prizes
The Good Fight will award 6 high-end, unique, crystal awards. Each of these crystal awards will go to the 1st place winner of the following open class divisions:
The Open Class division is open to all adult and executive aged competitors.
Please note: 1st, 2nd and 3rd place medals are still given out to the winners of the open class. However, only the 1st place winner (in addition to his 1st place medal), will receive the Open Class Crystal Award.